Faith Relations Committee
History of the Committee
Monroe County Habitat for Humanity is a faith-based ministry which actively pursues and nurtures partnerships with faith-based organizations in the community. The Faith Relations committee seeks to help its faith-based neighbors grow as a faith-based organization and end poverty housing. We are neighbors helping neighbors.
How We Benefit Faith-Based Organizations
- Help people see the spirit of God at work outside the four walls of their organizations.
- Help build their organization. Habitat for Humanity is a widely recognized and respected faith-based organization. A Habitat project can be just the spark that gets people excited about working in the community.
- Help faith-based organizations fulfill their mission to minister to persons who are in need.
- Attract new members and bring energy into a congregation.
- Enable individuals to experience spiritual growth.
- Be a means for identifying and developing leaders within their organizations
How Faith-Based Organizations Can Benefit Us
- Establish a vision for transforming lives
- Build a prayer network
- Select building sites, target communities for construction and build relationships within those communities.
- Strengthen family selection and partnering efforts.
- Supply the board and committees with “fired up” members
- Educate the community about the need for simple, decent, healthy housing.
- Sanction work and establish credibility in the community